Request to present papers at the XIV Catalan Conference on Forensic Medicine Update
Call V ACMF Awards
The ACMF, as part of the organizing committee of the XXI Conference of
the National Association of Coroners and XIV Catalan Conference on Updates in Forensic Medicine, and in accordance with its objective of
promoting scientific forensic experts convened for the fifth time and coinciding with the celebration of these events, some AWARDS,
for best and second best oral communication and the best and second best poster, to choose among all those presented in the XXI Conference of
the National Association of Coroners and XIV of Jornadas Catalanas update Forensic Medicine, to be held in Barcelona on 12 and December 13, 2017.
Rules of the call:
- Work choosing the awards summoned shall treat a topic of interest in the field of Forensic Medicine
- Oral communications and posters addressed to the Organizing Committee of the XXI Conference of the National Association of Coroners and XIV Catalan Conference on Updates in Forensic Medicine and received prior to 15th November 2017, will be considered for these awards according to the summary consisting later.
- The Tribunal choose between oral communications and posters presented, the four deserving of the awards summoned. No limit on oral presentations or posters by author
states. The first author of the work must be enrolled in the XXI Conference of the National Association of Coroners and XIV Catalan Conference on Updates in Forensic Medicine.
- The Court will assess the proportionality between the number of authors (potential contribution carried out by each of them) and the work done.
- There will be eligible for any awards or oral communications certification or the posters that are not presented during the event nor subsequently presented to the deadline in section 2 of these rules.
- The works must be original and will not be valid as presented in other national or international meetings or conferences, or those who are "sub judice" (sub judice) at the time of the presentation.
- The prize for the best oral presentation will be equipped with 400 euros
- The prize for the second best oral presentation will be worth 200 euros.
- The prize for the best poster will be equipped with 400 euros.
- The prize for the second best poster will be worth 200 euros.
- Prizes will be reported and awarded during the XXI Conference of the National Association of Coroners and Jornadas Catalanas XIV Update in Forensic Medicine.
- In the opinion of the Court, the prizes will be awarded.
- The Court's decision is final.
- The Organizing Committee of the XXI Conference of the National Association of Coroners and XIV Catalan Conference on Updates in Forensic Medicine reserves the right to publish and disseminate scientific papers presented (or part thereof).
- The presentation of these awards work involves the transfer in favor of the organization, by the authors, copyright and exposure of oral communications and posters, provided they are used nonprofit.
- Oral communications and posters were certified to all signatories of the jobs that are registered for the event.
- The languages of oral communications and posters will be the Castilian or English.
- The members of the Organizing and Scientific Committee responsible for the comments and opinions expressed by speakers during the presentation of oral communications and / or posters are made.
- The presentation of these awards implies acceptance of these rules.
Rules for submission of abstracts of oral communications and posters
Summary of oral communications and posters:
They should include:
- Title: In capital letters. It will take a maximum of 15 words.
- Authors: They should include the name and two full names, institution to which they belong, address and e-mail of the first author.
- Summary: The text will occupy between 250-300 words using as font Times New Roman 11p. Must be comprehensible in itself and develop the essentials of communication, following as a general rule the following 4 sections: introduction-objectives, material and methods, results and conclusions.
- Keywords: (minimum of 3 and maximum of 6).
Once oral communication or poster accepted in the presentation may not amend or vary the data provided. The organization may reject any communication that does not fit the above rules or below the minimum required scientific level.
Rules for Submission of Oral Communications
Oral communication must be accompanied by a presentation on computer. The duration of oral communication should not exceed 10 minutes.
Rules for Submission of Posters:
Posters should strictly comply with the format specified below:
- The posters have maximum dimensions of 1.20 m in height and 1 m in width.
- The posters will be exhibited from the beginning to the end of the event.
- The event program will include a space for the defense of the poster, which will be indispensable for defense eligible for prizes.
- For fixing the poster it is recommended that each author carry the necessary equipment.
- The posters must be readable from a distance of 1-2 meters. Figures and tables may be similar to those used for making presentations, but you should be larger and with thicker line. Recommended the fewest large text.
- The minimum character size shall be 1,5 cm for the title and 0.5 cm for the name of the author/s and their addresses.
The organization accepts no responsibility for the materials displayed.
Annex I Court The titrator Court V ACMF Awards will be composed of:
- President: Dr. Joaquim Recio García (with a casting vote in case of tie)
- Dra. Mª Victoria Bonastre Paredes
- Dra. Mª Ángeles Gallego Álvarez
- Dr. Francisco García Sayago
- Dra. Maria Rifà Damunt
The vote cast by the Chairman shall have the casting and unappealable nature in case of a tie between participants.